Best to first make the Crepe Batter
Anything you like really
Makes enough to fill six 6" crepes which feeds around 2.
- olive oil
- 1 onion chopped (white or yellow)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 4 mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium sized ripe tomato diced (or use a can)
- egg white left over from the crepe batter recipe
- small hand full of cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 ripe avocado sliced
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded
Heat Olive oil
and saute onion and garlic till starting to turn yellowish/brown, add
mushrooms and continue sauteing till mushroom are just getting
soft. Add tomato and cook for another 2 minutes. then add
salt and pepper and cilantro and the egg and cook till egg is cooked
and the mixture looks and smells like something you really want to eat
(technical term is "yummy").
Remove from heat, but leave on stove and serve from pan.
Put a crepe on a
plate, add a spoonful or two of the filling and top with avocado and
cheese and roll up, leaving rolled edge side down.
Add a second fillled crepe to plate and serve immediately (if it gets that far).
Other filling ideas
add to above
- ortega chilies
- some would add bell pepper (I don't care for them myself)
or turn it into a
top with whipped cream or more chocolate sauce
- any berries
- banana diced
- chocolate sauce (in Europe use Nutella, in the US don't bother)
- Ricotta cheese filling
- topped with Jam
Go to: Main cooking page